Wednesday, June 09, 2004

THE BOX - The Jury's In... or How I Learned to Love Busch

Busch

Due to a water garden project gone array, I unfortunately missed the first episode of The Jury. I did have a chance to catch the second though which aired at 9 p.m. To my shock and awe, there was Adam Busch. I yelled out "holy shit, baby, it's Warren... and he's HOT!". To those of you who might be as much of a geek as myself, recognize Adam Busch as Warren, the sex-bot building sci-fi leader of the evil trio on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (5th & 6th seasons). Busch's character met an untimely demise when, after shooting Willow's (Alyson Hannigan) lesbian lover Tara (Amber Benson), he was skinned alive by "black magic" Willow. Eh, he kind of had it coming. Anyway, most all of the press on The Jury has been about the creative team and Billy Burke and Shalom Harlow... which generated an "OOHH, Shalom Harlow.... mmmm" from my boy. Also, my observant boy pointed out, "How can their really be a star of a show called The Jury, shouldn't the cast change every week?" Yes, it does, but the legal teams and courthouse staff remain the same. Speaking of Shalom, I think I saw her for a brief 2 seconds last night? What's with that. Like I said, I didn't see the first show.

Burke & Harlow

Anyway, is it worth tuning into? Yes, if you're around, but it's not quite the appointment setting television of 24. It has beat Law & Order: Trial by Jury to the punch which is always good. The directing was great, the editing better than most tv shows, and the general story gimmick works. Although, I wasn't too big on the actual actors in the Jury room, this isn't the drama of 12 Angry Men. Who knows how the show will develop... if you're home on tuesdays it's worth a glance. Might I say again, Adam Busch is HOT... he reminds me of someone I once knew too, I just can't remember who.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home