Thursday, July 08, 2004

42nd STREET: Musical Mania

Besides My Fair Lady and anything by Bob Fosse, musicals have often left something to be desired in my opinion. Normally, anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber I can live with out. This week two high concept musical ideas have been announced, and one of which might actually get me up to 42nd street for a muscial for the first time since... since... Phantom I think?
While Most sources are reporting that Marvel wants to adapt a webslinging tuner, I find the following report much more appealing:

.

BUT WHO WILL PLAY THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI? David Hyde Pierce, Tim Curry and Hank Azaria tapped to star in Spamalot, the Mike Nichols-directed Broadway version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The musical debuts in March 2005.

Now that a pairing of commedic genious if i've ever scene one. Granted, I would love to see Anthony Stewart Head in one of the roles... One because he's British, Two because he makes my heartache and my knees go all squiggly when he sings, and third because I never had the chance to see him in the West End production of Rocky Horror. Ironic that just this past weekend, we got a desire for the Holy Grail and watched all the riotous maddness for the first time in too long... To see it on broadway next season, I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home