Tuesday, November 02, 2004

PA Poll Report



Hi America:

It's me again. I work at a polling center in a battleground state so I thought I'd report throughout the day. My boy and I made it into line at 6:30 a.m. I was seventh in line. I voted for John Kerry, Arlen Spector, and others. Everything was smooth and fine. Granted, I live and therefore vote in the inner city. Most neighbors are blue collar workers or unemployed. So, they were either not awake yet, or already at work.

In the suburbs where my office is located is another story completely. I'm parked in the grass under a tree which I think is on the right property. I arrived at 7:30 a.m. instead of around 9 hoping to beat the rush of voters to the parking lot. The bathroom and lunchroom are on the otherside of the red voting sea. I'm not Moses and that many social conservatives together scare me. I'm afraid they can sniff me out or something.

Anyway, so this is my fear as of 8 a.m. My history teacher in high school always said "There's Philadelphia, There's Pittsburgh, and there's Kansas in between." That's why Kerry goes to Philly and Bush comes here for rallies. Now the county where I live is a microcosm of this PA phenomenon. The city (where I live) is Democratic, while the County is Republican. Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than a Pennsylvanian Democrat. They're very conserative on social issues, yet they tax the hell out of everyone and still can't balance a budget. Okay, there is Rick Santorum, he's worse.

Unlike myself, most Central PA peeps vote along party lines. Which means most suburban Republicans are voting and most inner city Democrats are not. Well, that's the 8 a.m. report.

If you know anyone in Ohio or Pennsylvania, give them a call today. Tell them you love them and remind them to vote!

P.S. Both my mother, a life time democrat, and Darren, a newly registered democrat, called to inform me that they successfully voted for John Kerry. Did you vote today?

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger djbenvolio said...

voting is for old people

 

Post a Comment

<< Home