Monday, November 22, 2004

POPCORN REVIEWS: Sunset & Elf

Before Sunset: 8/10



This movie was a brilliant follow up to Before Sunrise which I haven't seen since 1995. That was back when I was a die hard romantic longing to travel the world and make amazing films. Yes, and now I'm what I am. I love the structure of this film, like grabbing a cup of coffee with an old friend who's in town for the holidays. Julie is gorgeous and Ethan was endearing and lovable. While I wasn't big on the flashback sequences in the beginning, I love the rest of the film. The screenplay was brilliant and the tone perfectly executed. This is a short film but just enough for what it had to offer. I couldn't help but think of Uma Thurman while Ethan discussed his wife and child. I watched and listened to Julie flawlessly divuldge the secrets of feminine relationship rational. This film is worth every moment and will make you examine your own relationships and the past decade of your life.

Elf: 10/10



If you don't love this movie, you're nothing more than a cotton-headed ninnie muggin's. Yeah, I went there. This film was just as fun and heart warming on DVD as it was in the theater. I could watch this film again and again year after year and never grow tired of it's innocent humor. Will Ferrel is nothing short of brilliant as Buddy the Elf (What's your favorite color?). If Elf can't warm your heart, you're most likely dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home