Wednesday, December 15, 2004

"And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals. "

That's a quote from Mean Girls folks.

Unfortunately, if the "Bible Thumpers" (pardon the phrase) don't get their heads out of their asses that will be the curriculum in Dover, PA.

What am I talking about you ask? Read here.

Yesturday, a group of parents supported by the ACLU filed suit against Mr. Buckingham and his followers who have forced creationism into the public school system. Not just any public school system, but mine. You wonder why my spelling is so bad? This is my source of education. This might answer a few things. Granted I don't have warm and fuzzies in my heart for the two stop light town I grew up in, but we're better than this. The taxpayers, which includes my mother, are now left with deal with this litigous situation. A firm, Thomas More Law Center, from the mid-west (where else?!?) has offered it's services to the district for free. Granted, they only represent Christians most of whom have an agenda of mixing church and state.

I blog about it almost daily, but no one ever looks at that other site. Basically, I personally would like to tell the world that not everyone from Dover, PA is as ignorant is some of the press releases and video footage would lead you to believe. Dover Area School District (at my point) had at least a handful of amazing teachers who are unfortunately caught in the middle.

Thankfully, both Darren and I recieved our diplomas from Dover long before this Of People and Pandas debate started. (Some of us longer ago than others)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home