Wednesday, January 12, 2005

THE BOX: A Family Affair - Incest "Lost"?

Tonight's "must see" is the Lost episode "Hearts & Minds" that promises to reveal the "shocking truth" behind Boone and Shannon's relationship.



What ABC has to say:
"Hearts and Minds" - When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed. Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin.

What's all the shock & awe about:
The popular online concensous is secret revolves around incest between the seemingly wealthy syblings. I don't see this at all. I see no clue of this in their relationship. I just don't see it happening. Personally, I have a feeling that Shannon was raped and/or abused and Boone feels the need to protect her. He too might have been sexually abused. He feels the need to be valued and acceptence, while Shannon closes herself off in false bravado. Come to think of it, do we even know that they are related at all?

Ian Somerhalder recently spilled some not so spoilerish beans to Zap2it:

"The island is starting to change people, and I think I'm the first one it's changed. All the things I didn't like about Boone, I now understand, and I'm looking forward to learning more."

Click here for the whole article.



As Shannon grows closer to Sayid, Boone's temper flares. Boone on the other hand is being seduced by Locke who offers the boy a purpose in the mad chaos of the island.

Lost airs tonight at 8 p.m on ABC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home