Friday, January 28, 2005

a note from you friendly neighborhood blogger

Hi Blog Readers (all 10 of you):

So due to some technical difficulty trying to post my reactions to the Oscar nominations announced earlier this week, I became angered. Between the frustration that only computers can provide and the fact that I kinda blogged myself out the last two weeks, I've been silent I know. I do have a job, I am writing two screenplays, and I'm planning a wedding too, so don't be too hard on me.

If your bored, I stumbled across this quiz ( the Belief-O-Matic) that determines the top 25 religions for you based on your personal philisophical and moral beliefs. I found it to be entertaining and slightly enlightening. This is coming from a girl addicted to the monthly Cosmo quiz.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my top five religious "classifications":
These are religions I supposedly share 85% - 100% of their belief structure.
  1. Unitarian Universalism
  2. Mahayana Buddhism
  3. Neo-Pagan
  4. Hinduism
  5. Reform Judaism

Odd mix, eh?

For trivia sake, the highest ranking Christian faith on my list was Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants at #9 (72%). This would be how I was raised in both UCC and/or Methodist Churches.

Also curious, Orthodox Judaism at 15 (63%) & Islam at 17 (53%) both scored higher on my list than Conservative Christian/Protestant (28%) or Roman Catholicism (24% ).

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger djbenvolio said...

Your Results:
The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.

Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.

How did the Belief-O-Matic do? Discuss your results on our message boards.



1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (96%)
4. Neo-Pagan (80%)
5. Secular Humanism (80%)
6. New Age (80%)
7. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (71%)
8. Mahayana Buddhism (69%)
9. Taoism (69%)
10. Bahá'í Faith (68%)
11. Nontheist (64%)
12. Theravada Buddhism (62%)
13. New Thought (60%)
14. Scientology (56%)
15. Orthodox Quaker (52%)
16. Reform Judaism (50%)
17. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (46%)
18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (44%)
19. Jainism (35%)
20. Sikhism (35%)
21. Hinduism (33%)
22. Jehovah's Witness (31%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (27%)
24. Islam (21%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (21%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (10%)
27. Roman Catholic (10%)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger jiri said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger blogger1272 said...

What a great site you have here, I bookmarked it!

I have a penis enlargement reviews related info site. It covers penis enlargement reviews related information.

Check it out when you can. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home