Friday, February 18, 2005

Quitters never win, or do they?

Yet one more thing I do not have in common with Britney Spears.

I've learned alot from my entertainment industry obsession since birth. One particular skill is the art of self congratulatory press releases. So today I'm putting that skill to use as I congratuate myself, and encourage you to as well. I have been a non-smoker for exactly one year today! Go me.

In addition, I started physically training again which I haven't done seriously since I stopped skiing back in high school. On February 17th of 2004, I was working two jobs, sleeping less than five hours a night, eating fast food constantly between the two jobs, smoking a pack and a half a day, and was the fattest I'd ever been in my life.

February 18th, I quit up smoking.
March 1st, I quit my second job and got some sleep. I then joined a gym.
April 1st, I quit eating fast food, refined carbohydrates, and any form of liquid calories.
By memorial day, I was able to swim one mile without a break.

I've lost over 40 pounds and 18 inches from my bust, waist, and hips. Oddly enough, my feet have also shrunk. I've pretty much transformed myself from my college years when I started smoking, excessively drinking, and never slept. Take heed Lindsay Lohan! I also practice yoga religiously. Last month I finally reached a point where I could perform and stably hold a shoulder stand. I've regained about 85% of the flexibility I had up until about 15 - those days of being a cheerleader, 500 stomach crunches a night, and 8 hours on the slopes faded when I started working. I'm stronger and have more lung capasitiy than I've ever had, including the 10 years I spent playing the saxophone.

So one more time, I rock!

Oh, and if you think that's something, you should see what Darren's done too. He's lost like an entire Olsen twin. It's nice when you compete with friends in the area of nutrion and health instead of liquor and boys (not that I've ever done that). Okay, I'm totally old.

3 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Ed said...

You totally rock! Keep up the good work. I love happy goings.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mitchell - Crumrine said...

I feel all squishy inside, like a peach. I've finally made bloggy contact with a reader! Ed you rock too. You're boy pics are yummy. (So keep it up.)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger djbenvolio said...

congrats on the year baby. i'm very proud of you! congrats to you too daren. it's very heartening to see people reaping the benefits of the endeavors they take on for self improvement.
myself,... the smokes may go away one day, but not now. i can wean myself off of vices, but very, very slowly. if nothing else, i'm getting a 2 mile walk in every morning. exercise is kind of my friend. ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home