Wednesday, March 16, 2005

March (Movie) Madness

So this week I began my 4:30 a.m. wake up call and have been passing the wee morning hours with cycling, steam yoga, strength training, and all that jazz. With the lack of Desperate Housewives and Lost these past couple weeks, I'm bored. Luckily Arrested Development has been on an ultra-brilliant streak. One word: MotherBoy. I've also become very into That 70's Show reruns and am developing a strange attraction to Hyde. What can I say, I love a smart ass. P.S. Lost isn't set to comeback and wrap up the season until mid April. One more time, Damn you ABC!

Anyway, Darren sent me an amusing link this morning that takes on film like college basketball. I immediately thought of a friend of mine who was always most happy (or least sad) during March. Now if you could combine the experience of his favorite comedies with the "excitement" of March Madness, I'm sure he'd be almost happy!


Will Miss Agnes take Best In Show? Or will she be left Waiting for Guffman?

Anyway, I took the time to weigh the films in my own mind from the four different divisions: Broad Comedy, SNL Alums, Smart Comedy, Classic Comedy. It was very difficult. How does one ever choose between The Graduate and Dr. Strangelove? Or, between Best in Show and Election? It was very close.

My final four came down to Shaun of the Dead, Beverly Hills Cop, Best in Show, and The Graduate. At the end of the day, Best In Show, took best in show.

Play for yourself, share your champion with me.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger mr gilbert said...

my final four:

princess bride
rushmore
his girl friday
big lebowski

his girl friday edged out rushmore in the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home