Thursday, April 07, 2005

THE BOX: Veronica Mars wins by a landslide


Okay now a while ago I posted about Eonline's "Save One Show" (SOS) campaign. And, I know, I'm about two weeks late on reporting the results. I was shocked, and just thought I'd share.

1. Veronica Mars (UPN): 56%
2. Arrested Development (Fox): 9%
(the rest do not matter)

First, I'd just like to say, Tuesday's used to be so hard to choose between Veronica Mars and House seeing that I still live in a TiVo-less world. No longer is it an issue. The past two weeks of Veronica have been phenomenal, so why are people not watching? My friend Jon asked me one time, why I like the show. He's watched it, he just doesn't get what's so great about it. My Ben doesn't like it either. I think the reason I love Veronica is because I feel like I'm watching myself in high school. Granted my dad wasn't a private eye and I didn't work for him and my best friend wasn't murdered, etc. But, there was an incident of sort that found me ousted from my so called friends which opened my eyes to the world around me. I became too sarcastic for my own good. After that I was pretty bitter as well as smart and my life flipped upside down. I had my issues and I survived them only to come out surprisingly well adjusted and "normal." I'm still too sarcastic for my own good and tend to sport my hair in pigtails, but that's besides the point. This is definitely a show for girls, of all ages. Throw in the Jessica Fletcher mysteries and top it off with Gilmore Girls style pop culture references and the show is my current favorite on the air. Please, people watch it.

Oh that reminds me... Those mysterious neilsen families. I finally met one. As it turns out, my best friends parents are now a neilsen family. I got to see the box and everything. Unfortunately, they have no desire to watch either Veronica Mars or Arrested Development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home